Here's some posing tips that can be applied to everyone of all ages. Remember, you don't need a fancy camera to do this, you can do it with your phone and still get great results by just positioning someone in the right way that is best for them.
Here's 11 examples of simple classic poses for you to try -
1. Head leaning on crossed arms
2. Lying on front with hands framing the face. Include items of importance to add to the story.
3. Play with hair. It will give them something to do with their hands and can create nice shapes with the arms.
4. Have a sleeping baby lie on its front, tuck the legs underneath and shoot from overhead. Remove nappy and keep room warm.
5. Lying on back looking up at the camera. This will show the curves of the face in a very flattering way. Works with all ages.
6. For men say to itch the palm of their hand with their other thumb. If they have nice hands then it is a way of showing them doing something natural and is a very masculine pose.
7. Not all shots need to be looking into the camera. Ask them to look at something behind you. Ask a friend to stand behind you to make them laugh. It will create a natural smile or laugh.
8. This pose can work with either one doing the cuddling. Have the person in front hold the arms.
9. Keep in mind height order and use it to determine the composition.
10. For larger groups looks for more of a circular shape or start with one person who may be the centre of attention (birthdays) or can't move as easily and add people into the shot from there.
11. Express yourself! How are you/they feeling in the moment? Ask them to show it and be ready for the response.
I struggled to limit this one as there are so many things I could cover so I will revisit this in a Part 2 at some stage with some flattering poses to make you look slimmer.
More tips tomorrow! Stay safe and stay home x